Children's healthy development and early diagnosis and treatment of diseases are among the most important responsibilities of pediatricians. This specialty monitors the health status of children from birth to the end of adolescence, diagnoses health problems and determines appropriate treatment methods.
General Health Assessment and Treatment
Pediatricians assess the general health of children and diagnose and treat many different medical conditions. Infectious diseases, respiratory problems, allergies, asthma, nutritional problems, growth and development disruptions, immune system disorders, genetic diseases, childhood cancers and child psychiatric disorders are the main areas of interest in this specialty.
Preventive Health Services
Preventive health services are of great importance for children to lead a healthy life. These services include regular vaccinations, routine health checks, growth and development monitoring. Parents are also provided with education and counseling services on child health.
Treatment and Procedures
Treatment methods in the field of pediatrics vary according to the child's age, health condition and the type of disease diagnosed. Various methods such as drug treatments, surgical interventions, allergy tests, cancer treatments, evaluation and treatment of developmental and behavioral problems are frequently used in this field.
Specialists in Child Health and Their Tasks
Pediatricians work with a child-centered approach and are usually based in pediatric departments of hospitals or private pediatric clinics. These specialists work closely with families to support children's physical and mental development.
Disease Specific Perspectives
1. Infectious Diseases: Common infectious diseases in children include upper respiratory tract infections, ear and throat infections, diarrhea, measles, chickenpox and meningitis.
2. Asthma and Respiratory Diseases: Diagnosis and treatment of respiratory diseases such as asthma, bronchitis and bronchiolitis are important tasks of pediatricians.
3. Allergies: Allergic conditions such as food allergies, eczema, allergic rhinitis and asthma in children are carefully monitored by specialists.
4. Growth and Development Problems: Problems such as developmental delay, obesity and bone health are of interest to pediatricians.
5. Child Nutrition: From the newborn period onwards, children's diets are carefully monitored by experts.
6. Immune System Diseases: Conditions related to the immune system, such as autoimmune diseases and immunodeficiency conditions, are under the scrutiny of experts in this field.
7. Child Neurology: Neurological disorders such as epilepsy, ADHD, cerebral palsy are other areas of interest for pediatricians.
The field of pediatrics plays a vital role in the healthy and happy growth and development of children. Increasing the knowledge and awareness of parents and health professionals is one of the cornerstones of a healthy society.